Benedict College, an HBCU in Columbia, South Carolina, has launched a brand new Women’s Business Center to assist female owned businesses start, grow, recover and succeed, even after the Covid crisis.
This launch has come to pass with the backing of the U. S. Small Business Administration. Cheryl K. Salley will lead as director of Benedict College’s Women’s Business Center. She is the former manager of Minority Business Development for SC Small Business Development Centers.
The Benedict College Women’s Business Center will provide the following:
- Customized business one-on-one counseling
- Lender referrals and loan package preparation assistance
- Seminars and classes (web-based), focused on key business topics
- Review and feedback on written business plans
- Networking opportunities to find mutual support, access to resources, and business referrals
- Certification assistance and review
- Local and global business development